Safe Routes Chagrin is pleased to host
its 10th annual
Walk to School – Walk to Town Day
with Chagrin Falls Middle School Student Council
Friday, September 20, 2019
Safe Routes Chagrin’s fan favorite event is just a few weeks away… in case you missed it, last year hundreds of middle school students participated by walking to school in the morning and then to town after school for fun activities.
The 10th annual Walk to School – Walk to Town Day event is Friday September 20th and we’ve planned extra special activities, food and prizes to celebrate.
What you need to know:
Middle School Students are starting now to assemble teams (up to 6) and sign up during lunch with Student Council to participate.
Be sure to remind your student to sign up early for a chance to win Early Bird (Early Chicken) prizes.
Wanna join the fiun and help make the event a success? Sign Up Here to Volunteer
? Morning -- Walk to School Activities:
- During the weeks prior to the event, students rally and get that spirit energy revved as they form teams, plan team costumes and make posters with their team name.
- On September 20 – Students start off the day by meeting their Teammates in costume at the Intermediate School (6:30am - 6:40am). They can walk there or get dropped off if needed.
- Once everyone is assembled, students will walk from CFIS to Harris Stadium, enjoy an Einstein’s bagel & beverage, pick up their team sign, get their picture taken and then sit in the bleachers for the contest judging to begin.
- Student Council and Teachers will select TEAM winners for these categories related to the T.V. Show Theme:
- Most Creative
- Best Representation of a Show
- Some individual prize raffle winners will also be drawn and announced during morning announcements.
- Prizes include: Gift cards to Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream, Parkside Grille, Sugar Me, Step-In, Starbucks and more!
Afternoon -- Walk to Town Activities:
- At the end of the school day, Student Teams meet at the MS Cafeteria and walk via the Rec Path down Washington Street to Masonic Hall for the Passport to Chagrin Historical Scavenger Hunt.
- After a hearty snack and instructions, first clues will be distributed. Teams will have 1 hour to find all 12 clue locations and return to the Masonic Hall where winners will be awarded prizes. (Teams must stay tpogether during the entire Scavenger Hunt)
- Prizes include: Huge Jar of SKITTLES, Lunch with a Teacher at Burntwood tavern, Gift cards to Jersey Mike's, the Golf Dome, and more!
- 10th Anniversary SPECIAL TREAT = Make Your Own Ice Cream Sundae Bar at 5pm.
- Students will be released by 5:30pm to walk home or get picked up.
In the event of rain, the event will be moved to Tuesday, October 8
Thank you to our Event Sponsors: