Walk to School Day is Wednesday, October 6th
This is a FREE celebration of fun, fitness, and friends, presented by Safe Routes Chagrin and the Middle School Student Council.
This year’s Walk to School Day coincides with International Walk to School Day - a global event that involves communities from more than 40 countries walking and biking to school on the same day! There will be photo ops, food, and fun with students and staff! Due to COVID-19, this year’s event will be a morning-only event.
Walk to School for Chagrin Falls Middle School students:
• DETAILS: 6:45am - Students meet at CFIS parking lot on Philomethian St. and will walk with teachers to Harris Stadium to enjoy an Einstein’s bagel and beverage. Student Council will award prizes to Student Teams showing the most creativity and spirit for the theme "Movies & TV Shows”. Prize categories include:
1. Most Comedic Movie/TV Show
2. Most Realistic to the Movie/TV Show
3. Best Group Design
• Team Registrations are required to participate. Students can sign up during lunch.
• Parents, please volunteer to help - Sign up here
Walk to School for Chagrin Falls Intermediate School students:
- Students are encouraged to walk from home or to be dropped off to meet up and walk in groups with classmates, teachers, and parent volunteers.
- 7:45am is the drop off deadline. Groups will be departing from both the Chagrin Falls Municipal Parking Lot (behind Step In, opposite the police station) and Harris Stadium (at the high school).
- All students who walk will enjoy an Einsteins bagel at CFIS and be eligible for prizes. In addition, all students who wear the Safe Routes Chagrin face-mask on Walk to School Day will be entered in a drawing for prizes. Face-masks will be distributed to all students in homeroom the day prior.
- Parents – Can you help that morning? Please sign up here.
- Help us celebrate this fun way for students to learn the route to school, meet the crossing guards, and get some fresh air and exercise with friends.
For details and updates on Walk to School Day, visit the Safe Routes Chagrin Website or Facebook Page.